By entering one of our events you acknowledge, understand and agree that:
- This event is conducted under the relevant national governing body (where applicable) rules and conditions and I agree to acquaint myself with and abide by those rules and any organisers’ instructions. The event organisers’ decisions are final in all circumstances. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions.
- By completing the registration process you are confirming that all of the information provided is correct. Entries to Dirt Dash Ltd events are non-transferable without the specific written consent of the organisers – you must not allow another person to participate in your name.
- By entering, you accept that your email address can be used for occasional newsletter and similar mailings from Dirt Dash Ltd. Dirt Dash Ltd will not pass any of your details on to 3rd parties without your express permission. You can opt out of the mailing list at any time by emailing details to email@example.com
The event organiser may pass to the sport’s governing body the personal details you have entered this event with. For example, if you are not a member of their organisation already, they may need to know about you so that you can be insured by them.
Dirt Dash Ltd cannot be responsible if event information does not reach the intended recipient by email. The onus is on the competitor to ensure that their spam filters will allow Dirt Dash Ltd emails through. Dirt Dash Ltd can only be responsible for ensuring that the email address provided by the competitor is the one to which event emails are sent.
- I am aware that my cycle and other equipment must be in a roadworthy/legal/safe condition and am prepared to submit my cycle for official scrutiny immediately prior to the event. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they have the correct equipment required for the event and also to ensure that it is in suitable working order. The organisers will not take responsibility for injury caused by faulty personal equipment.
- I understand that it is the competitor’s responsibility to safeguard such clothing and equipment I may use.
- I understand that I must report to, and return my timing chip, GPS Tracker etc. to the finish officials in every circumstance – even upon retiral from the course. Charges equivalent to replacement cost (see sub paras. 9 & 10), plus an administration fee will be charged for missing equipment.
- These events are an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental fitness and has with it the potential for death or serious injury or property loss. The risks of participation include, but are not restricted to: weather conditions, road traffic, behaviour of other participants, volunteer helpers, officials and spectators in and out of the event, dehydration, hypothermia and behaviour of animals. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they are medically fit to participate in any of the events advertised on this site. If you have any medical conditions which may affect participation you should first consult your GP and then inform the organisers of the situation.
- It is the competitor’s responsibility to read all of the event information in full detail – including course maps. The organisers will not take responsibility for error as a consequence of competitors not reading pre-race information.
- If a competitor should lose their electronic timing chip during the event, they will be charged £35 for a replacement chip.
- If a competitor should lose their GPS Tracker device during the time of their possession, they will be charged £150 for a replacement.
- The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, participants may be instructed to withdraw from the event in accordance with imposed cut off times. No refunds will be offered in this situation.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the course or format of the event at any time for safety or other logistical reasons – as example, in the case of track closures due to tree felling. In the case of withdrawal of access permissions, the right is reserved to alter courses from the published ones. No refunds will be made in these circumstances.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if it considers such action necessary. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
- The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant.
- By entering the event the participant consents to:
his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means.
the use and reproduction of the participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
- The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
- The Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties.
- All prizes must be collected on the day at the event prize giving. T shirts and other event “goodies” must be collected on the day. Dirt Dash Ltd reserves the right to charge for packaging and carriage at cost, plus a £5 admin fee (which must be paid and received by Dirt Dash Ltd prior to despatch being made).
- I understand and agree that I participate in the event entirely at my own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever shall attach to any event sponsors, race directors, or any person involved in the organisation of the event for any injury, accidents, loss or damage suffered by me in, or by reason of the event, however such may be caused. I am healthy and am fit enough to complete this event.
- At registration, I realise that I must produce appropriate photographic personal identification acceptable to Dirt Dash Ltd (such as drivers’ licence or passport).
- I will only receive a finishers pack if I complete the Event. Items handed out on registration can only be received at registration. No finishers/registration packs will be provided to spectators or participants outside of these times. Dirt Dash Ltd reserves the right to change the style, size and type of mementos offered in the finishers/registration pack.
- Dirt Dash Ltd may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the event (as initiated by the Event Organiser at its discretion) to ensure the safe and proper running of the event. Subsequently, competitors may be instructed to withdraw from the race in accordance with imposed cut off times.
- w) Please note that some of the food products given out on event day may contain or have traces of nuts and nut oils or may have been made alongside other products containing nuts. Dirt Dash Ltd cannot be held responsible for any issues resulting from food allergies.
Refund policies vary slightly from event to event – please check the specific details on the entry form of the event you are entering. The following example refund policy shall otherwise be in place:
- Entrants wishing to withdraw must inform the organiser by email. Entry fees will be refunded or transferred as follows: up to 1 month prior to event date 75% refund (less any Entry Central fees), up to 2 weeks prior to race date 50% refund (less any Entry Central fees), after 2 weeks prior to race date: No refund.
- Due to the nature of sports events we are unable to make exceptions for injuries or pregnancy.
- Date of withdrawal is date of the email. Telephone or Facebook messages are not acceptable.
- If the event is cancelled for reasons beyond the organiser’s control, (e.g. adverse weather conditions, major incident etc.) the organisers will make every reasonable attempt to reschedule the event. Original entrants will have their entry automatically transferred unless they advise Dirt Dash Ltd that they do not wish to transfer to the rescheduled event in writing (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) within 7 days of the original event date.
- In the event of cancellation, original entrants may, at the sole discretion of Dirt Dash Ltd be offered an entry transfer of equivalent value to an alternative event in the companies’ portfolio.
- In all cases, Dirt Dash Ltd reserves the right to charge a small administration fee (typically £5) to cover costs associated with card repayments and refund administration time.
- No refunds will be granted after one month has passed from the event date.
Entries can be transferred to another person on EntryCentral.